Friday, September 7, 2007

starting line

howdy'all.




im a 24 year old brown person in my 2nd year of concordia university's studio arts major in montreal. in the late evenings, i am a Proof Service Agent for Symcor. fancy shmancy title for data entry clerk for a banking company.

as i was sitting in my first day of classes in art theory, i thought now would be a perfect time to document and share my experience and work as an aspiring 'artist'.

first off, im pretty dumb. straight up. my knowledge in the culture that is art is very limited. im the quiet type in class to sit in the back and nod my head. though talent does go a long way, so i can hold my own.

now the purpose behind this venture is to satisfy the curiosity of friends and family concerning my practice. and after having sat thru the first day of classes, gone thru the course outlines, i have a load of upcoming projects that would be interesting to share.

aside from my school experience, and seeing how this is a personal blog, there will be posts of my adventures, thoughts, and such. i'll be on a strict diet of everything and anything from this point on.

bookmark me too. and show some love, leave em comments. thanks.



let's do this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, J is blogging...hmmmm...interesting...I think it's great! Splendid idea! I'm just dreaming of the day when you'll be showcasing your creations. When will that be? No pressure. Just know that I support you in everything that you do. I think you're uber talented and your creativity and imagination amazes me! (Like when you did the backdrops for our Passion play - 'nuff said). I know you hate cheesey, but I LOVE YOU, GOD-BROTHER!!! muahahahahahahaha......Love,
Mrs. Laine Espinosa (god-sis extraordinaire!)

Anonymous said...

so i see you've jumped on the blogging bandwagon eh? i hope it gets more controversial though *hehe*...but a superb debut i would say. i miss seeing your works...hope to see more of it real soon. you should sell out and blog for money though, it could prove to be profitable no? think blogvertise, payperpost...among others...looking forward to reading more of you! ;-)

love and world peace bitch!!!!
xx
~me~